Overall Ranking: 65/100
Introduction: What is iPoll?
iPoll (previously known as Surveyhead) is an online survey site that pays you for your opinion. You can also download the iPoll app to your mobile and complete missions and quizzes to stand in line to win cash prizes too.
iPoll Pros and Cons
- Free to join
- Can join up easily and fast with social networks
- You immediately get $5 credited to your account upon joining
- iPoll is accredited with the BBB since 2009
- You can join from anywhere in the world
- You can to be 13 years or older to join
- You can get paid out rewards with Amazon vouchers, iTunes gift codes, Visa pre-paid cards and credits on Travelocity
- They pay out via Paypal
- You can also donate your earnings to charity
- $25 cash out threshold to receive rewards
- $50 cash out threshold to get paid out via Paypal
- Website is user friendly
- They work on a cash system and not a points system which I personally find much more preferable. In addition they give the USD amount and the amount converted into your currency which makes it easier to see how much you will earn at a glance.
- Very mobile friendly
- It can take 2 – 6 weeks sometimes for your surveys to be approved
- Their website claims they payout every 2 weeks, however with surveys sitting pending for so long before they are approved payments can be delayed for a long time
- There is no referral program, however there is talk that this feature will be added soon.
- You can be kicked out half way through a survey because you don’t qualify and you don’t get any remuneration for this.
- You can also be kicked out half way through a survey because it has suddenly reached its quota and you don’t get any remuneration for this.
- Not a lot of surveys that you can qualify for, which means it will take a very long time to earn any decent amount of money and to get to the cash out thresholds!
What does iPoll Surveys cost?
iPoll Surveys is free to join.
Is iPoll Online Surveys a scam?
No, iPoll is not a scam. They are one of the few legitimate online survey companies and to be honest here these are looking harder to come by than I initially thought. iPoll is accredited by the BBB and they have been around since 2008. They were previously known as Surveyhead.
Can you make money with iPoll Online Surveys?
This really depends on what you mean by money. Yes you can make some money, but it won’t be much and you won’t be able to rely on this as a steady stream of income. However if this kind of thing appeals to you and you do add doing this to some other legitimate online survey companies perhaps it will add up some over time.
The price per survey varies according to how much time it will take to complete (see above screenshot for examples). You could earn $6.75 per hour doing 20 minute surveys, this is really good for an online survey company. You should see the pitiful amounts some survey companies pay you (these usually allocate points so it is harder to see how little you make, points seem like more money).
My Verdict for iPoll Surveys
If you have been reading my previous reviews you will know I am not a big fan of making money with online surveys. No matter how I look at it, you just can’t make a decent amount of money from doing online surveys. They are time consuming and the amount you get paid for each survey is hardly anything. Add to the fact that you will only receive a few surveys a month, add in the cash out thresholds each company has… and yeah well this is not easy work.
However that said this is one of the very few real and legitimate online survey companies around. They don’t mess you around and there is no BS on their website. This is refreshing as most online survey companies I have reviewed have been a scam or a complete waste of time. There are only a few that I have given a thumbs up to!
Within a few minutes of registering on their website I managed to complete a paid survey, which is of course still pending approval and might be for a few weeks yet. The point is that I managed to complete a survey within minutes, this is very rare when first registering with an online survey company. My personal experience on joining survey companies is that they mess you around for a long time before being able to do anything worthwhile on their website!
If you team this opportunity up with Opinion Outpost, Inbox Dollars, Swagbucks, Qmee and User Testing perhaps you can make some nice pocket money over time? So yes if this is the sort of thing that appeals to you I suggest you give this a go. If you do try it out, make sure to download the app to your mobile, you will be eligible for a lot more surveys!
Overall Ranking: 65/100