If your website is not getting the ranking you want, it might be time to consider the basics. Although search engine algorithms change frequently, the purpose of SEO remains the same. Carrying out some relatively simple yet crucial strategies through an SEO company can improve your rankings significantly.
One of the things that an effective SEO campaign starts with is keyword research. This type of research helps you find themes and topics that your target audience or market is looking for actively. It also helps you pinpoint the phrases and words that are not highly competitive in order for you to have an actual and better chance of ranking for the phrases and words.
A suitable keyword phrase or keyword generally meets the following criteria:
- It receives a good number of searches. This makes sure that all your hard work has the potential to generate a worthwhile amount of traffic.
- It is not highly competitive. Keywords that are highly competitive are often harder to rank for, especially among smaller sites.
- It matches the content, services or products that are offered on your website. Using words that are not ideal for your site may leave your visitors unsatisfied and not lead to conversions.
On-page optimization is a process of ensuring that search engines understand your content. It requires the use of keywords that are strategically located on the page and making sure the words are used in a way that both your readers and search engines can understand.
Some of the important places for your phrases and keywords include the following:
- Within the content.
- Image captions and tags.
- Header tags.
- Title tag.
Although using keywords is important, it is also essential to note that using your keywords precisely may not be as important as it was in the past. This is attributed to Google being able to assess the topics of content by looking at the whole page context.
This means that you do not have to be obsessed about using the exact keyword a certain number of times. Focus has shifted to using various related phrases and words, covering pertinent sup-topics and ensuring that content is long enough to cover topics comprehensively. Learn more about Vision Smash Baltimore SEO here.
Technical aspects of SEO consist of ensuring that all the things that go on behind the scenes can help to facilitate optimal rankings.
- The main objective of technical optimization is making sure that the structure of your site enables search engines like Google to crawl easily and index all the content on your website.
- One of the key features of technical SEO is site speed. The amount of time it takes for a website to begin loading is a major ranking factor. It is important to use the online tools that are available for checking site speed regularly.
- Ensuring your website is optimized for mobile, schema markup; flat site architecture and having an XML and HTML sitemap are other essential strategies in technical SEO.
Several studies about ranking factors have shown how crucial inbound links are for high rankings. This has also been confirmed by major search engines. Links and content continue to be regarded as the key ranking factors. Lin building tends to be a time-consuming and challenging process but it is necessary for achieving SEO success.
Strategies that SEO professional recommend range from guest posts on top sites within your niche to submitting local business websites to the local directories. Creating authoritative and long-form content that journalists and bloggers can link to is another worthwhile strategy.
Content will always be among the top ranking factors. No matter how much effort you put into implementing SEO strategies, they will not be effective if you do not have a solid base of content. Professional recommendations include starting with a number of in-depth articles about topics within your niche.
This can be followed by a commitment to adding new content regularly. Keyword research is important for ensuring that you select the topics that people are searching for and optimizing your posts according to what you find.
- Internal links are often overlooked but they are actually critical for raising your rankings. Internal links enable users and the search engines to navigate your site, give readers away to find relevant, useful content and spreads links fairly around your pages.
- It is always a good idea to link from pages that have a high authority and link to content that is relevant as well as content that provides more information about the post‘s topics. It is also important to avoid going overboard with the links and using a reasonable number for each post.
- Navigation menus are regarded as internal links and can be used link to valuable pages that you want to see moving up in the rankings.
Social media is an important tool that you can use to distribute and promote your content. When content is shared, it is seen by more people, which will increase the prospects of accumulating links. This means that social media can indirectly result in higher rankings.