Face it, improving your optin page is a pretty big deal.
After all, just being able to double your optin percentage can allow you to:
- Cut your cost of leads in half.
- Build twice the amount of leads in the same time.
- And most importantly you can grow your online business much quicker.
So if any of those sound beneficial to you, then be sure to keep reading on.
Table of Contents
The 70% Optin Page
While there are a few steps you’ll need to take when it comes to increasing your optin conversions, it’s important to know that you should first keep things simple.
And when I mean simple I really mean it, too.
Let’s start off with that first.
From all of my testing when it comes to lead generation pages, I’ve noticed that the best converting ones were always the simplest.
Example of simple landing pages include:
- Everything above the fold (so that there is no scrolling needed).
- Plain white background (and yes that means no picture or video backgrounds).
- And last but not least is going to be only a few amount of words on the entire page.
The last bullet point is important too.
It’s been said that us humans have an attention span of around 7 seconds.
So when your targeted audience arrives on your squeeze page?
They need to know these 2 things immediately:
- Is this for me?
- And what is the benefit?
Allow me to help you out with those sections right now.
The Pre Headline
Have you ever seen the top of a sales letter where it says something like:
- Are you looking to build your online business? Or…
- How would you like to grow your social media following by 100 people a day?
The idea of the pre headline is supposed to slightly call out who your targeted audience is, and an optin page works in a very similar way.
Here you can do a combination of two things:
- Let them know what they are getting (their freebie).
- Or you can also include who their free gift is going to be for.
Here are a few examples of this:
- Free Video Training For Affiliate Marketers
- Free Social Media Marketing Case Study
It’s pretty simple.
Just by reading that pre headline your targeted audience will have a good idea that they are certainly in the right spot.
Note: Yes you will need some type of freebie when it comes to your optin page.
The good news is that they are pretty easy to create.
Here’s a few ideas for you:
- PDF report.
- Case study.
- A cheat sheet.
- Video training course.
- Resource list of helpful tools.
- A template (like the one you’ll see down below)
- Link to a previous blog post (the work is already done)!
And so on and so forth.
Let’s move onto the next step now.
This is the most important part of your optin page, and is also something that you are going to want to split test the most (if you are into that, of course).
Here are two headline formulas that I’ve been using for many years now with great success:
- How To [Yay] Without [Boo]
- How To [Yay] Even If [Boo]
I got that template from Frank Kern back in the day and it works very well.
So in order to figure out what your audience is looking for, ask yourself some of these questions:
- What is something that they REALLY want?
- Are there any common goals that your targeted audience often talks about (like $100 a day)?
- And lastly what are some of things that they absolutely hate doing or even something that’s holding them back?
Now, let’s do a few examples when it comes to online marketing:
- How To Build An Online Business
- How To Get Your First High Ticket Client
- How To Create A Passive Income Online
Now let’s add to those specific examples:
- How To Build An Online Business Without Doing 90% Of The Heavy Lifting
- How To Get Your First High Ticket Client Without Spending A Dime On Paid Ads
- How To Create A Passive Income Online Even If You’ve Failed Many Times Before
Do you see how much more powerful the headlines become now?
This is the process I go through every time I create a new headline.
Let’s move onto one more step.
The 2 Step Optin
You might have seen this before and it’s for good reason.
Here’s what usually happens when it comes to a 2 step optin:
- A person clicks on a button (for example: Download Now or Click Here To Continue).
- And then after that an optin box appears in the middle of the page for them.
This is another section that has been tested thoroughly and the reason it seems to work so well is because of a micro commitment.
You see, whenever someone clicks on a button to get access to your freebie, it’s as if they already said “Yes!” and are much more inclined to opting in and giving you their email.
I recommend that you try this out yourself and see just how much it helps.
So with wrapping things up, here is a quick overview of what we’ve covered:
- Simplicity is important when it comes to higher conversions.
- Utilize a pre headline so that your audience knows what’s in it for them.
- The headline is the absolute most important part of your optin page (and what you should split test the most).
- And utilizing a 2 step optin all by itself can help you increase your conversions.
If you’re looking for a software to help you build your high converting optin pages you can check out the link below.
Related: 2 Of The Best Optin Page Builders.
Thanks again for reading and if you have any questions you can feel free to leave a comment down below.