Facebook advertising is like running the bases in a softball game. If you’re going to play, you need to play to win.
Wondering whether you should advertise your small business on Facebook? If you want to know the answer, this article will sound like music to your ears…
Table of Contents
Fearing Facebook Advertising?
To many people around the world, Facebook is the internet. It’s the largest social network in the world. In fact, the only worthy rival to YouTube. Facebook is so big it doesn’t compete with other social networks.
Key Insight: The biggest rivalry between Facebook and Google as advertising platforms is about who’ll dominate the video content sphere.
But when it comes to advertising on Facebook, many small business owners are hesitant. Nothing is more frustrating than putting your money in a failed advertising campaign. If you don’t know your way around, Facebook makes it easy to waste your money, so your fear of losing is totally justified.
With COVID-19 restrictions, small business owners are facing harsh challenges. Uncertain delivery schedules, limited access to resources, and hectic work hours. If your business is going to survive, it’ll need to evolve.
Here’s How Facebook Advertising Can Boost Your Small Business
You’ll be surprised how fast you can grow your business with Facebook advertising, but that’s not the only thing you can do.
You can also:
- Save Years of Work: Cut time short without growth marketing tactics to increase engagement organically
- Increase your authority by increasing your visibility which may land you more businesses opportunities
- Get your content in front of more people who are more interested in doing business with you
- Keep your core customer base in the loop with what’s going on with your
Facebook makes running ad campaign seem easy. But in reality, they make it easy to waste money on untargeted ads. If you want to run a profitable campaign, you’ll either need to learn the ropes of Facebook Ads Manger, or get some help with Facebook ads from a professional.
Don’t be Afraid to Course Correct:
If growing your business wouldn’t motivate you to renew your business model, think back to why you started your business. Restore the inspiration of what made you start your business.
Advertising on Facebook might be a huge leap for your business, without a defined goal, it’ll be a rough transition.
Recommendation: Start small and build your experience gradually.
With great results, you’ll grow confidence, and make your paid advertising on social networks as effective as you want.
Mastering Facebook Ads As Your Grow Your Small Business
We get it. You weren’t prepared. Nobody was.
If you’re not sure what kind of business you should try, or what will be successful, Facebook Ads can help you test your ideas.
Examine the following framework to promote a podcast for a baking mother who closed shop and had to work from home:
- Starting a free podcast to share her most delicious recipes.
- In conjunction, she advertises every new episode while targeting a well-crafted target audience.
- After a while, she starts to sell her recipe books to her large following.
Facebook isn’t a newspaper where you must sell your products directly. There’s a social element that makes it a wonderful tool to promote any small business.
Moral of the story: Think about how you can use Facebook advertising to grow your audience (locally) before selling them.
Meet Your Business Goals with Facebook Advertising
To wrap up, Facebook Ads are your new best friend. An online store has huge advantages over traditional brick and mortar retail at the moment.
Therefore, you can:
- Avoid losing customers due to lack of contact and provide the best customer service.
- Minimize the loss of business due to prolonged COVID-19 restrictions.
- Remain in the competition by making new content regularly.
- Make ordering and delivery easier with digital tools on your Facebook Page and website.
- Most of all, as you master Facebook ads, you’ll learn to minimize ad spend.
Another Key Insight: Video ads are the best way to advertise on Facebook.
To make your advertising on Facebook effective, you’ll need to go video first.
For good reasons:
- Videos are more consumed than any other type of content.
- Videos are more visually captivating and easier to consume.
- They have higher reach than other content types.
Where to Start With Facebook Advertising?
While Facebook advertising is very effective, you can’t just go all-in. If you were to make the most out of your advertising buck, you’ll need a plan. We recommend you start with the following in no particular order:
- Spy on competitors Facebook ads to learn what they’re doing and how they’re doing it.
- Rethink your business model and how you can transform your business to digital.
- Start small. You don’t have to throw a whole bunch of money into it. Create a regular post and promote it.
Consider hiring a digital marketing agency to get you started. Many will offer reasonable Facebook marketing packages for small business owners.
When you take a scientific approach, you’ll be surprised at what you can do with Facebook advertising. Most of all, great results will motivate you to continue growing your small business Facebook advertising.