If you live in the West Coast of South Africa you would have noticed that jobs in Langebaan, Saldanha, Vredenburg and surrounds are firstly rather scarce and hard to come by. Secondly even if you do manage to find a job, the salaries are in general nothing short of pitiful.
I’ll be honest here, I just don’t know how people survive and make ends meet. I do know that a lot of the men in the area work overseas and the wives and children stay in the area… so I can see how they manage on foreign income, but what about the rest of the community?
I’ve recently seen a full time position for a bookkeeper for R3000 per month, this to me is just criminal. I was earning more than that about 20 years ago in my first office job doing creditors and buying.
To put this in perspective, I was recently paying R2300 for my daughter and another R1620 for my son to be in playschool from 8am – 5pm and yes that is a lovely playschool. So how would I be able to afford to look after my kids properly on R2500 a month? What about medical aid, rent, food, fuel…. don’t get me started on fuel, I spend more than R2500 a month on fuel!
I am not sure why the salaries in this area are a fraction of the salaries paid in Cape Town or other areas in South Africa, it doesn’t make sense to me.
Jobs in Langebaan? Why not do something else?
Anyway so the point of this article is not to rant and rave about how things are so tough in the West Coast. The point of this post is to see how I can help the people looking for jobs in Langebaan, or perhaps for the people that are in a full time position earning a salary that they cannot even feed themselves on.
As I’m sure you have figured out by now I work online. I wouldn’t call myself a guru but I do know a good few things about working online.
I regularly publish training at Wealthy Affiliate University that I get paid for and this website is dedicated to helping people learn about working online. I have 3 websites that I am currently working on. This one of course and then my mommy blogs Kaboutjie and my website about recovery from addiction.
I have recently had a few people in the area contact me and ask me to help them set up a website and to get started working online. So I have decided to run with this and see what I can do for you!
Is It Easy Working Online? What do you need to get Started?
Believing you can become rich overnight is just going to get you into trouble, you will fall for scams and be very disappointed.
An online business is just the same as any other type of business. You need to learn about it, you need to work at it, you need to implement the things you have learned and you need to spend a little bit of money on some essential things to run your business.
So here’s what you need to work online:
- A decent internet connection (yeah I know I have also had serious issues with that in Saldanha)
- A laptop or desktop computer (you will struggle using a phone or ipad)
- A good keyword research tool which will cost you $19 a month. Yes you can get by with some free tools but it will be a fight.
- A place to learn, to connect with like-minded people and to support you in your business. I highly recommend Wealthy Affiliate University‘s premium account at $47 a month, but there is a free starter account you can get started with.
- A website (which can be set up for free using Wealthy Affiliate University)
- Hosting (free with Wealthy Affiliate University)
- An email autoresponder for email marketing. Starting at $19 a month. Once again you can get by with some free tools but it will be very much worth it to use the tools I recommend.
So what am I offering? Only available in Langebaan and Saldanha!
One FREE 1 hour Introduction To Working Online lesson
At your home in Saldanha or Langebaan.
We will do the following:
- Explain the importance of having your own website if you want to work online.
- Explain the different ways you can make money online.
- Explain how you can make money from any passion or interest you have.
- Help you choose a niche (topic) for your website.
- Help you choose a domain name for your website.
- Help you build your website.
- Show you the basics on how to set up your first pages.
You’ve really got nothing to lose and I promise you that you will find it very interesting!
Please fill in the form below to book your free lesson with me:
1 Hour Practical Training Sessions(R450 per session)
At your home in Saldanha or Langebaan.
These training sessions will not be according to a set plan.
I will be helping you to set up your very own business and for that reason I cannot say where you will want to go with your business. You tell me what you want to do and I will advise and show you how to do it.
Here are some of the topics we can cover and many more:
- Creating Content
- How to Write Content that Ranks
- Social Network Marketing
- Email Marketing
- SEO and ranking your website
- Keyword research
- Competition analysis
- Getting traffic
- Youtube and video marketing
- Monetizing your website
- Affiliate Marketing
Please fill in the form below to book a training session with me: